Food Options / Special Diets
The following foods (both canned and dry) are available in our boarding facilities. If you have a preference please be sure to indicate that on your boarding check-in form. To avoid gastrointestinal irritation, we recommend that you bring your cat’s regular food from home.
- Tiki Cat Ahi Tuna (canned)
- Purina ProPlan Chicken (canned)
- Science Diet Adult Chicken or Seafood (canned)
- Science Diet Adult (dry)
If your cat requires a special diet not available in our boarding facilities you must provide the food at check-in. If you want to purchase it in our retail store please call ahead to make sure we have the food in stock. We will send home any extras at checkout.
Health Requirements For the Safety Of Your Cats And Others
All boarding cats receive a pre-boarding check by our technician to assure there are no fleas or obvious signs of illness. (There is no charge for this).
All boarding cats must provide proof of an FVRCP (distemper / upper respiratory) vaccine given within the last 36 months. A comprehensive physical examination is required prior to updating this vaccination.
Physical Examination Requirements
- Cats under 10 years old … must have a healthy physical exam with one of our veterinarians within the last 12 months
- Cats 10-14 years old … must have a physical exam with one of our veterinarians within the last 6 months.
- Cats 15 years and older … must have a physical exam with one of our veterinarians within the last 30 days.
- Diabetic cats … must have a physical exam with one of our veterinarians every time they board.
- Cats with known significant medical problems … may require a physical examination prior to boarding
Flea Control If your cat arrives with evidence of fleas, he/she will receive a dose of Revolution (effective for 3- 4 weeks). Be sure to indicate on your boarding check-in form if you have recently applied Advantage, Frontline, Revolution, or any flea product.
Medications We will gladly administer medications if your cat needs them while boarding. The fee for this service is on your boarding estimate. Cats on medications not dispensed by Cats Exclusive may require an examination prior to boarding. Medications must be in their original containers.
Personal Belongings Please be sure to clearly label your carrier and any personal items you leave with your cat. While we understand your desire for your cat to have items from home, please be aware these occasionally get lost, especially if laundry is required. We cannot be held responsible for lost or damaged items. We encourage you to leave things of high sentimental or monetary value at home.
Visitation If you would like to visit your cat while they are here boarding our visiting hours are Monday through Saturday between 10:00 to 12:00 and 2:00 to 4:00. Please call ahead to make an appointment. Please limit visits to 15 minutes.
If your cat develops a problem of medical concern while boarding:
We assume one reason you chose to board your cat with us is the additional safety we provide by having trained professionals immediately available to evaluate your cat’s health status if necessary. Cats differ so much in their responses to boarding. Most are very comfortable here and take it in stride without a concern. Occasionally cats manifest an illness while boarding. If this happens, a staff veterinarian will examine your cat and contact you and/or your emergency contact with our recommendations. Our policy is to examine cats that manifest obvious signs of illness or have not eaten for 36-48 hours. (Some cats may have a decrease in appetite while they adjust to the new environment, but usually this lasts less than 48 hours). If we are unable to reach you, we will hospitalize your cat and extend appropriate and reasonable medical/surgical treatment. You would be responsible for the cost of those services.
Cancellation / Reservation Policy
- Townhouses require a two night minimum stay. If you are a first-time boarder, a 100% deposit is required at check-in.
- No deposit is required for repeat boarders. If you need to cancel your reservation, we would appreciate as much advance
- notice as possible. We require 48 hours advance notice of cancellation, otherwise you will be charged for a two nights stay.
Hours For Admission
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Hours For Discharge
Monday: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.